The NSW Safe Work Small Business Rebate provides up to $500 to small business owners and sole traders in NSW who buy and install equipment to make their workplace safer.
Changes have recently been made to support small business and sole traders in NSW that have been impacted by a natural disaster, state of emergency or COVID-19, namely:
Any sole trader or small business owner that has completed an eligible event with SafeWork after 1 August 2019 has 12 months to apply for the rebate.
New workplace hygiene items are also eligible.
If you meet all the following criteria, you’re eligible to apply for a small business rebate:
- you’ve attended an eligible event (eg free SafeWork NSW safety workshop, webinar), or had an advisory visit or digital engagement with a SafeWork NSW officer
- you are the owner of a small business or sole trader who employs less than 50 people (equivalent full time)
- you haven’t previously received a small business rebate from SafeWork or WorkCover NSW
- you’re conducting a commercial business producing goods or providing services in NSW
- your business is registered in NSW and comes within the scope of the work health and safety legislation in NSW
A local, eligible ‘Working Safely with COVID-19’ online course is available from the National College of Vocational Education, Batemans Bay. Course info here…