Enrol for the JobKeeper payment (from 20 April onwards)
- Step 1 – Register your interest and subscribe for JobKeeper payment updates.
- Step 2 – Check you and your employees meet the eligibility requirements.
- Step 3 – Continue to pay at least $1,500 to each eligible employee per JobKeeper fortnight (the first JobKeeper fortnight is the period from 30 March to 12 April).
- Step 4 – Notify your eligible employees that you are intending to claim the JobKeeper payment on their behalf and check they aren’t claiming JobKeeper payment through another employer or have nominated through another business.
- Step 5 – Send the JobKeeper employee nomination notice to your nominated employees to complete and return to you by the end of April if you plan to claim JobKeeper payment for April. Keep it on file and provide a copy to Hales Douglass (or your registered tax agent) if you are using one.
- Step 6 – From 20 April 2020, you can enrol with the ATO for the JobKeeper payment using the Business Portal link here and authenticate with myGovID. You must do this by the end of April to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
- Step 7 – In the online form, provide your bank details and indicate if you are claiming an entitlement based on business participation, for example if you are a sole trader.
- Step 8 – Specify the estimated number of employees who will be eligible for the first JobKeeper fortnight (30 March – 12 April) and the second JobKeeper fortnight (13 April – 26 April).
JobKeeper info, FAQs + tips
Read practical tips, FAQs and comprehensive information about the JobKeeper payment scheme here…